Notice to Members – May 20, 2021
We are happy to announce that we will be reopening the Club on Saturday, May 22, 2021.
As we welcome everyone back again, it is of utmost importance that we continue to be vigilant to ensure the safety of our staff and members.
If you choose to visit the club, the use of the ranges and facilities is at your own risk. Members are expected to respect and follow the protocols and measures put in place. Anyone observed not following the protocols will be warned and if it continues, will be asked to leave the club immediately.
It is imperative that everyone follow these measures to ensure the safety of our staff and members.
- The club will be open to members only. No guests.
- Members must clearly display their current membership card while on club property.
- Members and/or their guests must stay home if they:
- are sick,
- are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19,
- have been recently exposed to someone with COVID-19 or someone who is exhibiting COVID-like symptoms, or
- have travelled or been in contact with anyone who has travelled internationally within the last 14 days.
- Be smart, stay apart! Always keep six (6) feet apart when on club property.
- Wearing a mask/face covering is mandatory when inside the office or outside while waiting in line to enter the office. It is highly recommended that masks be worn outdoors if you are unable to maintain six feet distance.
- Do not congregate anywhere on the club property. Enjoy your shooting, however, once you are done, please leave the club.
- Indoor surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day. However, it is highly recommended you bring your own gloves, disinfectant, and any other items you feel necessary to protect yourself while using club equipment outdoors. Please remember to dispose of any used items in the garbage bins provided throughout the club property.
- Please be patient and respectful of staff and other members.
Main Clubhouse Area
- The main gate will open at 9:00 a.m. and all members are required to sign-in at the club office. The sign-in book will be located by the front door.
- Hours of operation:
- Office – 9:00 am to 3:00 p.m.
- Trap/Skeet/5-Stand – Last start time is 3:15 pm. Any round in progress may be completed, but you cannot start a new one. Power to the clay fields will be shut off starting at 3:30 pm.
- Sporting Clay Course – Last start time is 2:00 p.m. Staff will begin shutting down the course at 2:30 pm.
- Front Gate is locked at 4:00 p.m.
- Members may not enter any staff areas (e.g., garages, 5-stand building, office area)
- The clubhouse will be closed except for limited access to the washroom and cashier desks.
- No more than THREE (3) members at a time will be allowed in the clubhouse with specific doors designated for entering and exiting.
- Members may not bring guns, gun cases, shooting bags or any other gear into the clubhouse.
- Members must use hand sanitizer upon entering office area. Hand sanitizer is stationed at the door and at each of the cashier desks.
- To reduce the number of visits into the office we recommend that members load their card(s) with ample rounds.
- Members are encouraged to use touchless payment options (Debit, Visa, Mastercard).
- Washroom facilities will only be available on the main level of the clubhouse. Only one person at a time is allowed in the washroom.
- The lower level of the clubhouse is closed. Take-out food is available and can be purchased at the lower-level rear door. Indoor and outdoor dining is not permitted at this time. Lower-level washrooms are also closed.
- Squads for clay shooting will be limited to five (5) people. Please do not infringe on other groups while they are shooting. Remember the 6-foot distancing rule and wait until everyone has completed shooting and moved on before proceeding to the station.
- Use a mask/face covering at all times when you are not able to maintain six (6) feet distancing.
- If the trap and skeet fields are busy, do not congregate and/or sit around picnic tables. Wait in your vehicle until a field opens up.
- Members may enter the trap and skeet houses one at a time to load target credits. Congregating in the house if strictly forbidden.
- 5-stand shooting will occur outdoors. Members may only enter the 5-stand building to load target credits. Members may not congregate inside the 5-stand building.
- Scheduled competitions are cancelled until such time as organized events are permitted.
- The range will be limited to 50% capacity. Members will be restricted to using every other bench.
- Hours of Operation: Daily – 9:30 am to ½ hour before sunset.
- Tables and benches are limited to one person. Do not sit with others while waiting to shoot. Leave promptly after shooting.
- If all shooting benches or tables are in use, please wait in your car.
- If the range is busy, limit your range time to allow other members an opportunity to shoot. Clean up your area and leave promptly. Should this become an issue, the Board will impose time limits.
- The clubhouse remains open and accessible for washroom and first aid purposes only. Gathering in the clubhouse is NOT permitted. No food/beverage is permitted in the clubhouse.
- Range officers will be strictly enforcing the rules. Members who do not comply will be asked to leave.
For everyone’s health and safety, we ask for your cooperation, patience and understanding. We will continue to monitor the situation and will revise this plan as required.
We extend our sincere thanks to our staff and members for their ongoing understanding, support and efforts in following the health protocols.
The Board of Directors
Oshawa Clay and Target Club